Services continue online amid COVID-19
March 21, 2020 | By Josh Strohm |
Dear FBC Family,
We miss you! We miss shaking your hand and talking about how your week is going. So much has been said by so many. Most of it really good. Some of it not so good. We won’t go on long here, but one thing comes to my mind and that is that God doesn’t waste our sacrifices and there is purpose in pain. We can’t say how or what it will look like, but God is right now working things together for good for those who love him and are called according to his purpose!
Because of both mandated and recommended precautions for social distancing, here are a few important points to know about what we’re doing and working on at FBC:
- Each Sunday, you can watch our worship services online at 10:00 am, via our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/FellowshipBaldwin
- The blank sermon outline can be downloaded at https://bit.ly/2IYGuAV for you take notes on during the service.
- There will be no groups meeting in our facility of any size during this period.
- All Life Group meetings of any size are canceled during this period of time.
- We are working on ways to connect with each other and exploring the best options.
- We will work on creating discipleship/bible study videos
- We will explore ways for groups to connect in other ways
- We are also working on putting a system in place where people can indicate a need they may have and for those who can respond to meet those needs. Stay tuned!
This period of time, like all periods of time, is a call for the church to be steadfast in prayer! Nothing new there, huh? The one constant in changing times is our relationship with the Father who tells us to watch and pray with thanksgiving. I don’t know when this crisis will end (and I believe it will eventually), but I do know that I don’t want to look back on it years later and say, “I prayed harder then than I do now.” May we always be diligent, constant and habitual in prayer. Let’s listen to the Lord and find strength in his word. The psalmist wrote in Psalm 119:147, “I rise before dawn and cry for help; I hope in your words.” That is a hope that will never fail us!
Grace & Peace!
The Elders of FBC-Baldwin